6 November 2017
- Total power production is forecasted to slightly decline during the next 5-7 days (although it may later climb once again).
- Both German and French predicted outages are seen to substantially decrease (week 45 & 46).
- Renewables are expected to be weak during the next 10 days (excluding a windy spell which is forecasted to affect Europe towards the end of the week).
- High pressure areas forming over the North Atlantic will push cold air advections towards Europe (next 7-10 days).
- Temperatures are expected to be well below the norm.
- Winds will be intermittent, but overall weak over continental Europe – this will push the capacity utilization (conventional sources) higher.
- The macroeconomic conditions are supportive of a positive price development.
- The PMI is still above 60 (October data), but slightly below the value observed in September.
- The latest figures on the industrial activity show an increase in cement production, but a decline (month-on-month) for chemical.